Friday 23 September 2016

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

0


My laptop has been woeful the past few days, crashing and freezing and so I was mid-backing-everything up getting ready to do a system restore when i noticed the available update to Windows 10 Anniversary. And figured lets go for it.

It downloaded no problem but once i hit the restart of the laptop to install it, things got worryingly slow.

For 3 hours it sat with the wee dots spinning in a circle telling me that it was installing updates and not to switch off - but stayed at 0%. Finally it moved to 1% and then hour after hour up to 8% before I went to bed. This was from roughly 4pm - 11:30pm


Anyway I briefly considered switching it off and hoping for the best but at the install point i figured no way, i could be left with a blank chunk of plastic. So I went to bed!

Wake up the next morning and it is all updated fine and dandy! Working brilliant and so far smooth as my father in laws baldy head.

If you are updating and it is slow hang in there and just go to bed.



I read somewhere about cleaning drivers and multiple other things to do before running the update, all after i'd started mine. So maybe it may be a good idea to google someone more tech savy and see what they say...

Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: