Friday 15 May 2009

Every Home Crusade Interviews - Timothy Millen

0


Last week i began a new series of interviews with people who use literature from Every Home Crusade with Alan Graham in Zimbabwe. Also in this series i've emailed some questions to members of staff (those who's email i have, if you're staff & i don't have your email & you want to participate in this, let me know).

The first person to get back with these was my good friend Timothy Millen.


Tell us a bit about yourself, your background & call to Christ?

I was born and reared in the Maze, near Lisburn, in a family with 2 brothers and 1 sister.

I put my trust in Jesus when I was 12 at a Methodist Church Youth Club.

Wandered away from Christ during my teens and early twenties until the Lord stepped in and brought me back into a close relationship with him through a family illness.


Could you tell us about how Jesus brought you into the work of Every Home Crusade and how long you have been there now?

In 1998, my good friend Andrew Wilson who was a gardener at the time (presently serving the Lord in Papua New Guinea) had been praying about a vacancy in EHC. Eventually he came to the conclusion it was not God's will for him - at the same time I had been praying for an opportunity to serve the Lord in whatever way He wanted.

So I thought I would apply for the job in EHC and let the Lord decide the outcome. A week later I was a member of the EHC team - March 1998.


What is your role at Every Home Crusade (explain in a bit of detail eg. the machine etc)?

I work in a wee office and answer the phone and answer the door and do stuff on the computer some times - I love it.

(Basically Tim, you're a secretary!)


Why keep doing it?

Because the Lord has not told me to do anything else - and also I love it.


Do you feel that working in EHC has benefited you in your walk with Christ & how?

Yes! A Lot! It is a bit like Bible college only better cos you don't have to assignments. You get to realise that you didn't really know as much about the Bible or God or the church as you thought you did..

I have learnt a lot, and observed a lot from my Christian brothers and sisters over the past 11 years. I still have a lot to learn.


Could you share a bit about your family? (married/children)

I have been married to Sarah for almost 8 years and we live in a wee village called Aghalee in Co. Armagh.

The Lord has blessed us with 3 children so far, first we had Annabelle Sarah {18.5.05), and then we had Noah Elijah{5.12.06} and then last year we had Bethany Rachel {12.11.08). Our house is pretty hectic and sleep is a rare commodity. But we love it..


What currently is the position of your fantasy football team?

3rd and rising. I think 3rd is the best I can hope for this year. ARRRGGGHHHH! ! !


What is the funniest (shareable) moment of your time at EHC?

Every day is pretty funny - so it's hard to pick one out. The funniest stories are not really shareable because I don't want to get a caution from the Fun Police.


How could readers pray for you individually?

That I would have a closer walk with the Lord Jesus and lead my wife and children better by my example in the home.
Author Image

About Boaly
Gary has been involved in printing the Scriptures for 20 years, enjoys photography and rambling online

No comments: